After our December break, it was great to see everyone together again over Zoom! Our January meeting began with updates from several Coalition members. All updates can be viewed in the full meeting minutes here.
One update to note is that the Coalition has signed on to the Everyone Deserves a Place to Call Home Coalition. Currently, the organization needs help with the following:
- People with special skills in lobbying, real estate, zoning etc. who can help with this campaign and/or join the committee.
- Properties in Decatur and DeKalb County, including churches, to house small modular units, mobile homes, trailers, etc.
- Assistance with securing modifications to Decatur and DeKalb ordinances to allow small modular units for housing.
- Buildings that can be transformed into tiny efficiency units.
- City and County residents who are willing to put such a modular unit on their property.
- Individuals to approach the City of Decatur to do a pilot project of 2 or 3 of these units at Legacy Park with the City providing hook ups to utilities.
You can find more information about A Home for Everyone in DeKalb here.